Professional Drain Cleaning Service
One of the most common plumbing complaints from homeowners in Buckingham, Warminster, Hatboro, Ivyland and the rest of Bucks County is that they have a drain that is clogged. Despite their best efforts, they simply can’t get the blockage to clear. Whether you have a clogged drain in your kitchen or bathroom, it can cause a serious disruption to your daily routine since you are unable to use that area.
When you have a clogged pipe that just won’t clear, that’s when it’s time to call in the experts at Ben Franklin Doylestown. Our drain cleaning service technicians will arrive at your home with all of the necessary equipment to completely clear any blockage in your pipes.
We proudly serve the following towns in Bucks County and other neighboring areas:
- New Hope
Why do drains get clogged?
Everyone in Bucks County has dealt with a clogged drain at some point. That’s because your pipes are designed to carry water, but much more than that ends up going down the drain.
- Kitchen sinks: Even if you have a garbage disposal, your pipes were not meant to handle all of the food that comes down there. Grease is especially harmful as it will cling to the sides of the drain and trap other food particles that come down. Avoid putting food items down the drain that are difficult to grind, such as eggshells, bones, coffee grounds or vegetables such as celery. Food that can easily expand and congeal, like bread and pasta, should also be avoided. When you do use the garbage disposal, make sure you run cold water.
- Bathroom sinks: If you or someone else in your Buckingham, Warminster, Hatboro, Ivyland, Doylestown or New Hope household shaves over the bathroom sink, it’s likely that all of those little hairs will travel down the drain. Combined with residue from soap and toothpaste, these hairs will eventually accumulate and begin to slow the flow of water.
- Tubs and showers: Like the bathroom sink, the drain for your shower or bathtub will almost inevitably get clogged with shampoo, soap and hair. Even small pieces from a bar of soap can stay stuck in the drain for long periods of time. Plus, if the pipes in your Lansdale home are narrow and have more turns, there is a greater likelihood that they will become clogged sooner rather than later.
One way to prevent clogging is to use a mesh grate over your drains. They are available in a variety of sizes to fit both bathroom and kitchen sinks in Perkasie and New Hope homes. If your drain is already clogged, you may have noticed certain abnormal symptoms.
Problems that can occur when you have a clogged drain:
- Water may back up or pool in the tub or sink, or take a very long time to go down.
- Drains may make gurgling or bubbling sounds, especially after running an appliance such as the washing machine or dishwasher.
- You may notice a foul odor coming from the kitchen sink.
If you see notice any of these signs, it’s important to act immediately and schedule drain cleaning service before the condition gets worse. If left alone, water may eventually back up and overflow, causing damage to your Doylestown or Perkasie home.
Before calling the professionals for drain cleaning service, here are some techniques you can try:
- Use a drain snake to try and pull out debris near the entrance of the drain. This technique works well in bathroom sinks and showers where hair and soap scum tend to be the primary culprits for clogs.
- Use a plunger to clear the blockage. In a double kitchen sink, plug one side while plunging the other until the water begins to drain again.
- If water is flowing slowly but isn’t completely blocked, you may use a chemical drain cleaner to attempt to clear away the debris.
If the pipes in your Lansdale or Perkasie home are significantly clogged with debris, it may be too much to safely clear out on your own. That’s when it’s time to call in Ben Franklin Doylestown for professional drain cleaning service. Our trained technicians will get your pipes clear and water flowing freely once again. We have access to professional tools that allow us to quickly and easily remove the blockage from your pipes.
Electric drain cleaner – Sometimes also called a plumber’s snake, this tool can effectively remove solid blockage that might be found deeper in the pipes of your New Hope, Perkasie, or Doylestown home. The tool is powerful enough to break up things outside your home that could be causing the blockage, such as tree roots.
Sewer jetting – A more advanced version of the electric drain cleaner is sewer jetting. It is similar to a power washer, forcing water through a long, flexible tube at an extremely high pressure. It is more effective at breaking up softer debris trapped in the pipes of your Lansdale or Warminster home.
Drain cleaning is just one of the many professional plumbing services that we offer to Bucks County residents in Buckingham, Warminster, Hatboro, Ivyland and the surrounding areas. Call us today for more details.