All About Clogged Drains: Advice For Expert Plumbers!
Drain functionality is essential to the smooth operation of your home. How do you know whether your drains need cleaning? Read on! And don’t miss out on common drain cleaning mistakes and how to avoid them from the drain cleaning experts serving New Hope, PA, residents.
You May Be Experiencing A Clogged Drain If…
- Draining is slow in your sinks, toilets or showers.
- Water is backing up.
- There’s a bad sewage odor coming from the drains.
- You’re seeing drain or fruit flies in your home.
Top 3 Drain Cleaning Mistakes To Avoid
- Incorrectly Using The Plunger: Plunging your clogged sink or toilet may seem like a simple task, however, many homeowners don’t know the right way to plunge and may be using the wrong type of plunger! There are two types of plungers (shown in the image). As for technique, when plunging a toilet, you do not want to plunge at a fast pace. Make sure the plunger is in place, with the drain completely sealed. Then slowly and methodically plunge up and down, making sure to keep the bottom of the plunger sealed to the drain.
- Chemical Drain Cleaners: As licensed, experienced plumbers, we always tell our customers that the damage from the overuse of chemical drain cleaner is not worth it. Before you reach for the bottle of drain cleaner, make sure you understand what these chemicals are doing to your pipes, watch the video below to find out!
When damage from drain cleaner occurs, it’s much more difficult and costly to repair than the original clog.
- Misuse of Drain Snake: A mechanical snake is a great tool, but its power is often abused. By forcing a mechanical snake in and past difficult pipe corners or bends, you can damage the lining of your plumbing. The frequent use of a drain snake will cause problems with your pipes, which in turn causes expensive repairs in the future.
Time To Call An Expert!
A clogged drain needs to be addressed as soon as possible, as clogs can be caused by other plumbing issues, and may not be an easy fix for DIY plumbers. When you have a clogged drain or have any other plumbing concerns, contact Ben Franklin Plumbing Doylestown for drain cleaning needs in Bucks County, PA. Our experienced and skilled certified plumbers are known for being friendly and professional. We are a local, family-owned company that’s known for trusted, high-quality service.